Compressor wheel is bore less, so ultra strong , compressor map has the uppermost line at a tip speed of ~1,800 ft/sec , though best power from the DIY engine will probably be developed at somewhere between 1,600 and 1,700 ft/sec , leaving plenty of buffer zone for any unexpected flameouts with the afterburner that could normally overspeed a turbo .
Expected thrust near 140 lbs "dry" and 190 lbs "wet" .
Evaporative fuelling will be used in the ~7.5"- 190 mm dia flame tube , six evaps similar to those in my 2 shaft kart build , it only had 4 evaps for its 1.8 lbs/sec mass flow , so 6 for the GT60 should be just about right . ..............it looks good on the drawing anyway :-)
Currently machining up a steel die to hammer out the flame tube's 2 mm thick stainless end cap over .
Build should take most of this year so will add pics as the construction progresses
I'm hopeful the secondhand super leafblower www.outdoorpower.com.au/product.php?id=19&fromcat=1 that I purchased a few months ago at an auction ( after the10/98 experiments) will do the job , its got a 3Kw-4.1hp motor on it and a 12 inch dia impeller to shift its ~0.5 lbs/sec air flow , our TV94 thrust bearing design is whats producing the increased starting torque , the GT6041 will hopefully have a more modern design that will lower the power requirements during spoolup, just have to wait and see , otherwise I'll be using that big Turnigy brushless motor .
LOL...yes Chris ..........I'm serious about blowin' your record into the weeds ;-))
..................I ended up with the GT60 turbo after I went to the local Garrett/Honeywell distributor to enquire about the cost/availability of GT60 turbine wheels and he came back a week or so later with a "mates rate" price for the whole turbo that was less than the cost of the turb wheel , so I just had to buy all of it .................never did need the GT60 turb wheel so the turbo just sat there waiting for you to prod me into using it .......heh heh heh . .............the universe works in strange ways :-)
Got myself a rolling chassis today , actually a whole kart , but it'll soon be a roller once I throw out all the IC engine bits , currently installed is a YZ80, thats out to 110 cc , with 5 speed gearbox , .............but best of all, its got a nice set of front wheel brakes for pulling me up from those high speed runs , will have to change the seat though , my fat arse can't fit in it :-(
LOL.........Yeh , I'll be needing a few stays to triangulate the assembly to cope with thrust and general bouncing around loads , but at least its finally bolted to the chassis, ....... on with finishing the flametube .